Mandalay commits to improving mobility
Mandalay ambition is to develop a Smart, Green, and Clean city, supported by an integrated and sus-tainable urban mobility system.
Elaborating a long term vision and strategy for sustainable mobility shall allow preserving and strengthening quality of life in a city that promotes use of a comprehensive public transport system and limit the increasing use of private vehicle.
Main expected results
- Development and political endorsement of a SUMP for Mandalay
- Improvement of accessibility to public services and amenities
- Development of a public transport network
- Reduction of congestion in city centre and improvement of traffic management
- Professionalization of private bus operators and incentive to modernize old fleets by low carbon vehicles
- Development of non-motorized transport
- Improvement of road safety and air quality
- Improvement of coordination and communication between the stakeholders involved in mobility and transport
- Capacity building of MRG and MCDC
Support from MobiliseYourCity
AFD is supporting both Mandalay City Development Council (MCDC) and Mandalay Region Government (MRG) in their efforts to establish a sustainable urban mobility policy.
News and events
There is no news for the moment